Mojo is your own ‘magic power’ where your confidence and motivation come together to make things happen. You see the opportunities and you take them.
We can see the Mojo of entertainers during a great concert, music video or hockey game. Bringing your mojo to a situation is ‘Flow’ at its best. Being in flow allows you to experience a self-belief.
I see many clients where life looks fantastic for them – educated, good career, lovely family – yet, they are stuck in fear in at least one area of their life. Something in life is just not working.
Fear of failure, fear of conflict, an unhappy relationship or a belief that they are not deserving of a happier life hold these people back. They come for coaching or counselling help because they ‘want to be happy’, they want their ‘mojo’ back.
Rebuilding your Mojo begins with easy steps that when taken will make you feel better and lead you to take more steps forward. Here are a few easy steps to take to begin rebuilding your Mojo:
- Activate a lunch break – leave your office, go for a walk and eat something healthy;
- Commit to something – sign up for a fitness class, an art or choir group – do something. Shake up your current schedule.
- Plan a social evening – socialize and talk only about the positives. Let yourself laugh. Let friends/family see that you are focusing forward. They in term will give you encouragement.
- Think in terms of Vison–to-Action – have a longer term goal to work toward (whether in your career or leisure life). Map out your benchmarks for improvement.
- Find 2-3 positive affirmations or quotes – read them daily (Post them on your computer or bathroom mirror).
- Do random acts of kindness – Note how great it feels for you.
Every positive action forward will boost your confidenfor and build up your ‘mojo’..Having problems building mojo ???? We can help just check us out.
Photo courtesy: Patrick Feller